Sunday, July 02, 2017

I have new carpet tiles in my little hall!

Goodafternoon everybody!

Let's talk weather first. I am not all too happy about it. Beginning of the week it was great, but towards weekend temperatures suddenly dropped and we had some cloudy days, till today. We dropped from about 25-28C to just 19C with quite some wind. Only good thing was we had a bit of rain.
But today all looks already a bit brighter. we have still clouds, but also periods with sunshine and temperatures should go up this week to around 23-24C, with less wind and may be a shower of rain here and there.

Yes, Jan has laid some carpet floortiles in our little hall. You know from the ones we had for free. He had to cut some a bit, to make it fit.
The cutting did cause a little bit of problems, because he didn´t have a good knife for it. We had a stanley/knife, but the blade wasn´t sharp enough.Well, somehow he managed to do it anyhow and I am very happy with the new floor now. The carpet we had in it, was really old and used up, this looks fresh and clean again.
One of these days we may be do our little bedroom, and yes, Jan did buy some new blades for the knife, so I hope it will go much better.
Only problem is that we have to take our bed apart, room is too small to shift the bed to another place.
That´s often the trouble when you want to change something, you need to take things apart, or shift it to another place)like closets and so, and those you have to empty, before you can shift them.
It is always the èxtra work`that makes it take a longer time than you really want. Have to take courage in both hands and hope it will go rather smoothly. LOL.

Oh, I was for annual control at hte neurologist for my epilepsie, and I had a new one. Very nice lady, I must say.
As all is about the same, for long time, I am doing quite okay, she suggested that I stay under control with my doctor and if necessary he could always send me to her again.  was happy about it. It is only taking my time and the neurologist´s time, for just 5 minutes to say I am doing okay. They can use the time better for someone else.

My garden is looking great. I have lots of plants blossoming, so it is a happy place now. Once there came in a hollyhock, took ages to grow but this year  have flowers on it and they are in such a gorgeous color!
It is a deeper pink-red color, more towards bordeaux than the photo is showing.
And I always love my heuchera´s. There are many species from them, and great leaf plants, that as extra also have lovely flowering, very delicate.
This is, I think, the species Heuchera Caramel, but I am not completely sure. If you are interested to have one or more in your garden, just look on Google, lots to find about that plant.
You also have them with dark red and brown leaves, or green with little spots etc. etc.
We have now lots of visits of "our"parakeets, they come in every day, so every day I cut up one or two apples and hang the parts in little nets, and they are very happy with it. And sometimes they also get some seed, of course.

I didn;t do much of designing again this week, but still managed to have a kit ready, named At Grandfather's House.
The clusters you will have next week.

Now time for me to make me a sandwich and sit a bit in the sun now that it is shining!
Have a wonderful day and week, take care of yourselves!
Download   HERE



4 comments:

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra for this lovely kit. You have some very pretty flowers in your garden. I hope the weather stays good so you can enjoy the outdoors for a while longer yet...

Edna B said...

What a nice little kit. Thank you. I really do have to get back to creating on my laptop too. Kyra, your plants are gorgeous! How nice it must be to sit out in the garden with all these beautiful plants around. I've been very neglectful of my gardens this year.

How wonderful that your little parakeets enjoy coming to your garden. They are such pretty little birds.

Now I'm off to sit out on the porch for a little while before it gets too hot. You have a wonderful day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

Unknown said...

Oh Kyra what a lovely kit, thank you ever so much. I love your designs. They are just always so gorgeous.

What happy news about your new flooring. I know that must make you happy and so much easier to clean. How nice you were able to pick up the carpet pieces. It is good that you could use them and they didn't go to the garbage place.

I wish that we had parakeets here but it is just to hot for them. Even the local birds are hiding out here and come very early mornings and late evenings. I put out some old cereal that we had that was going stale. I was afraid that they wouldn't eat it but they did. The cheerio's went the quickest. I have been giving Cisco an apple every day, well half at breakfast and half later on in the day. I have cut his food down some. We have to get this weight off of him and this way I can cut his food portion down a bit.

I wish that we had cooler weather but it is not to be for us right now. We will deal with it another 3 months at least but in October the nights will start to cool down. Rain seems to go around us. We haven't had much at all.

Take care... Hugs and thanks once again for a beautiful kit. xoxoxxoxo Beth

Grandma Sarge said...

Thanks for the newest kit. It looks interesting. I'm going over to the blog and post my going's on but I wanted to say a big thank you for the goodies you give us. I read your last 2 blogs and that got me caught up. Glad everything is going well with you and Jan.