Monday, May 09, 2016

Summertime is here!

Goodmorning everybody!

Oh yes, definately a change of weather condition and a good one!
It started last week already and is still going on. Last Thursday we had national Liberation Day in Holland( celebrating end of WW2) and funny enough there wasn;t all too much to do in our town.
But there was a music fesatival and Jan and I decided to take a look there. If it wasn;t to our liking, no big deal, it was real nice weather and a walk would just be the thing to do.
As we expected, it wasn;t all too great, the festival. Well, it was more for the youth probably till arund 30 years.
It was a real pity there wasn't a fleemarket or two to visit, that would have been fantastic on such a sunny day.
Still we had a nice afternoon, we "treated"ourselves to a bag of French fries and savoured them, sitting in the sun.
The rest of the week was rather quiet again, but it already was fantastic to be able to sit for a while in the graden and to have the garden door open till in the evening.
This weather will last for another day or two and by the end of the week temperature will drop again from 24 C to ca. 18 C and may be later on even a bit lower. Gosh, it seems that we never can hold on to real good weather for a long time. always kind of rollercoasting.

I suppose we should take advantage of the high temperatures for as long as they are here, it's only a ity that today there is blowing a rather hard wind at times, which makes it a little bit less comfortable.
Just saw that the first blooms of my rose New Dawn are there, will try to make a photo of it.

No mt much more to tell, so I will think a bit about what mischive I can get into today, LOL, and then get dressed and start doing something.
I have clusters for you from Arlene, made with the Letters to a Friend kit,
Have a wonderful day.
Download    HERE



4 comments:

Edna B said...

You're right, we have to take advantage of the good weather while we have it. I'm thinking that our seasons are messed up because of the climate changes. At least you are able to enjoy it for a while.

Can't wait to see the photos of your new rose. Hopefully today, we'll get to plant my new rose plants. I've been itching to get out to dig in the dirt.

I'm hoping that we can plant some veggies soon too. I'm wanting some cherry or grape tomatoes. Yum!

You have a wonderful day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

Thanks for the clusters. It's been nice here until Monday when we came out from the Subway shop it was raining and I was out and about without an umbrella even. But my young friend Jeannette came by to pick me up and take me to the ER to get my shoulder X-ray-ed.

Thank you Arlene for the lovely clusters.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thanks so much my friend. Both you and Arlene! These are lovely as usual. I've been a bit under the weather and in bed since Sunday evening! Bug hit hard, but am on the road to recovery and trying to play catch up. Been so very warm and extremely humid creating some awful storms again. Will be glad when Mother Nature decides to make up her mind and calm down a bit...LMBO! Have a terrific weekend! hugs, Mat

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra and Arlene for these lovely clusters. It is always a pleasure to see what lovely clusters you make Arlene...