Friday, May 13, 2016

Seems this weekend our great weather is done with!

Goodmorning everybody!

Oh, we had such nice weather this week. It really makes a difference in how you feel.
And you actually can see things grow in the garden.
But this weekend suddenly the weather will change and temperatures will drop from around 23C to somewhere 13C, which is a big difference. All to blame to change of winddirection.
But we have to be brave and hold on g=for a few days and if all goes well, by the end of next week it should go up again.
I've made a few photos in the garden. First is of my rose New Dawn, which is growing and blooming fantastic.
Second of my little pond with a couple of froggies probably watching their little ones.

And 3rd photo is of a little plant I have as kind of groundcover, and I love it to bits. Love the foliage and the fresh color of it and it even blooms with ots of tiny little flowers. It is beautiful as groundcover between plants, I really want to have more of it. It is easy to keep under control too.
It's named Galium Odoratum or Sweet Woodruff. It grows in shade and sun, perfect!
I have a link for you if you want to know a bit more about this lovely little plant.

http://www.perennials.com/plants/galium-odoratum.html

I did a lot of little chores this week, nothing really spectacular, but needed. Like some laundry and washing some curtains( in this weather they can dry outside and it is done quickly), went to the drugstore to get a lot of medicins for Jan and me, of which we were running out.
Only thing not nice about it is that soon I will reacieve a rather large bill of the health insurance to pay partly for the( everyone has an "own risk" of € 385,00 that has to be consumed first before health insurance pays all. Most of it goes to medicins, of which we have to pay a percentage till reaching the amount. So for two you will have to have a lot of stuff till you reach that amount, but it is a lot of money to pay). It is part of the system they started a few years ago, and I am not saying that the old insurance system was all good, but this new one, a lot based on competition and making profit isn't the whole answer either.
But..................I refuse to go complaining on such a beautiful day LOL!
Also did all the shopping needed already, so today I can stay in, if  want. May be I will do so, I think the room and rest of the house could do with a vacuum cleaning, and then in the afternoon I will prepare a simple, but nutricious meal for Jan, that will be easy to warm up when he comes back from his volunteerwork. No idea what i will have as dinner today, but I will come up with something.

And  should enjoy too a bit of the weather today, cause tomorrow it could be changed completely!

This week also were the semi finals of the Eurovision songcontest. And behold, song of The Netherlands made it to the final, which will be this Saturday. I am not sure if it will be the winning song. I also very much liked Russia and Poland, I think it were good songs.
Well, we will see on Saturday. The contest is in Sweden and I was very much impreseed by the dancing act they had in between.
Here are the links if you want to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIcDBqL0lf0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIG2AvyZG1s

I like the first the best, I was really touched and watched the whole performance very intensely and it even was kind of emotional. Top-acts, really!

Okay, I think you have enough of me, rambling about all kind of things, LOL and I gave you something to watch. Now I even have a kit for you, named Catch a Memory. 

Have a lovely weekend.

Download     HERE







4 comments:

Edna B said...

Good afternoon Kyra. I love your flowers. Your rose is gorgeous. It's really quite busy around here, but I'll be back in a while to check out the links. Guys working in the yard, cable being repaired, and going grocery shopping soon. You have a super day. Hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

Garden is looking great. I took a header in mine a couple of weeks ago. Left shoulder is still touchy a little but it's getting better. I was putting the potatoes in the ground but tripped and fell forward and hit some decorative rocks with my forehead. good thing it was the forehead cause that's the toughest but it bleed real good. No scar, I hope but then with the wrinkles who could see a scar.LOL

Love the new kit's colors. going to see which of my unlucky family I frame this time. Kaddie just came back from a vacation to Florida so it should be her. Wait till tomorrow or Tues.

Thank you for the kit. it's lovely.

Snowy said...

I love your sweet woodruff....I think I will have to get some seeds,lol
Hugs Snowy

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra for this lovely download. Your roses and ground-cover are pretty and it is good to hear you had some frogs in your garden...