Friday, May 16, 2014

Long walk ahead today!

Goodmorning everybody!

I will have to keep it rather short today, because Jan and I will go actually to the Japanese Garden in a beautiful park. The "Japanese garden isn;t really very big, but I just know it will be beautiful. And if we still have energy we can take a bit of time walking in the park around it.
Pity it is rather far away,so we first will take a part of the way the tram, (ours isn;t riding all the way to that area), and then we will walk the rest of the way. That will take about half an hour, or.......we could take a bus that stops not far from the parc. Depends  a bit on how we feel I guess LOL.
Best will be I think, to take the walk and then when we want to return home, we can take the bus and tram.
Weather looks gorgeous for this walk, it is sunny with not too much wind, and temperatures should go up during the day to about 66 F ( 19 C). Lovely!

Yesterdaymorning I had a quick visit from my friend Heidi, who brought me some Aquilegia, I had before but lost somehow. We had, of course, a quick look at my garden but then she had to leave for an appointment.
This Aquilegia is such a beautiful one, it has a double flower head, is about 80 cm hiegh full grown and in flowering, likes a place lightly shadowed(although they also do well in sunny spots).
Found a picture on the net of it:
Wednesday, when i was shopping groceries I passed a flowershop that has a lot of garden plants and you know that always is dangerous! Most ot the times I can stay strong, also because they are selling for a bit higher prices than in a garden centre, but that day I saw they had small plants of the Japanese maple, of different variaties. I wanted to have for such a long time one of them, specially one that doesnt; grow into a tree but stays a bush. And there it was, calling out to me, and most lovely thing was that the price was real good!
So yes, I took it home. It is variaty named Acer Palmatum Orange Dream, I found you a pic of it on the net, first is the spring colors and second colors in fall. Isn;t it gorgeous???
So in the afternoon I was busy first digging out a big fern to make place for this beauty, (gosh, the fern was heavy, but I managed and found another good place for it) and then could plant the acer. I placed it not far from the little chair with the Buddha, thought it was fitting nice. Now it only will take some time, before it will reach a decent height and width.


Now I must finish the post, and get into some clothes, put my camera on the table(otherwise I might forget it at the last moment) then wake up Jan, have something to eat and then I hoe we can leave.

Freebie for today is a kit named Breathless, I splitted it into 2 downloads, so now you will have part one, next week second part and also beauties from Arlene!
Have a wonderful day and weekend!

Download    part 1 HERE

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Kyra !
Your new blog layout is so lovely, I'm glad you made it with this kit.
Stay strong Kyra, otherwise you won't have enough place in your garden, LOL !... but you are right, this acer looks so beautiful, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed in autumn, with such gorgeous colors !
I'm really impatient to see some pictures of it, and also of the Japanese garden (I would really appreciate if you could make one Japanese kit one day...).
Kyra, you don't have a strange sense of humour, because I saw the film with the Indian palace and I enjoyed it too ! British actors are really talented.
Thank you so much for all your lovely kits, and many thanks to Arlene too !!
Your afghan looks beautiful !! you have been very patient, and now you have a new couch !!!
Have a fantastic weekend !
Hugs,
Florence

DawnG said...

I always love hearing about your days I always find a bit of inspiration

Edna B said...

Your new kit looks to be lovely. I love the colors. I can't wait to see photos from the Japanese Garden. I just know it will be beautiful there. Your new flowers are beautiful. I did not know that the Japanese Maple came in a bush version and different colors. It really is lovely. Be sure to take photos of it once it has settled in. You have a fabulous day. Hugs, Edna B.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for this lovely download.
The plant pictures look like you will have some lovely plants in your garden.
I hope you and Jan enjoyed your day out...

Grandma Sarge said...

I had the pleasure of living in Japan for 3 years...two on the Navy Base in housing and the first year in Hyama near the Summer Palace. All their gardens are beautiful...except maybe the vegetable gardens. They reek...due to the type of fertilizer they use.

I really am quite amazed by the new blog layout. Absolutely lovely. Love the colors and use of the sparkling thingys.

And mostly thank you for the new kits. I was absent a couple of days so I missed one but I picked it up today with the newest one. Thank you very much.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Lovely gift, thank you so very much. Been working on a "Family" book for Amy...so I need to get up and move around some, just wanted to drop in and say have a beautiful Sunday! Hugs!! Mat

Unknown said...

Thank you very much!