Friday, August 23, 2013

Slowly getting our living room back

Goodmorning everybody!

Well, we do get our living room back a bit. Although I must say Jan did more than I did the last couple of days. I was a bit pooped pout after I finishsed the last wall painting.
But now we just have to put back a few more things on the wall and then the room needs a clean, specially the floor, LOL. But there is progress.

I did get such a nice surprise in my mail, it brought a big smile to my face.
My sweet friend Edna sent me a big envelope, and inside were notecards and envelopes, but the best thing is that she snatched a photo of some houseboats along a canal, that I made in winter and had it printed on the notecard. So now when I have to write a little note to someone I can do that on a very special card. Now isn;t that a really great gift? I feel all proud to have my "own"notecards, and feeling also a bit special, because of the lovely thought of the gift.
I tried to make a suitable photo of a card, so you can get an idea.
And look, she even snatched the signature from ,my blogposts to put it on the photo! How clever is that?

Imagine that tomorrow is our 6th annoversairy of our our marriage!!! Cannot believe that that day is so long ago, not to count the years we are together (21 !  almost a lifetime LOL).
I am sure we will "celebrate"it in silence, just the two of us, on the couche, watching a nice detective on tv, catching our breath a bit from all the work done.
May be, if I have time, I will go to the market and buy us some wonderful shrimps, the bit mdeium size I guess, and prepare them with a marinade of lots of garlic and parsley. Some slices of french bread to it, with some herbbutter on it will do it.  It;s quick and we love to eat them once in a while.
Normally on Fridays and Saturdays I don;t do much cooking, kind of weekend feeling for me, hahaha, but tomorrow is a different day, don;t you think?

Weather here is still really good, nice temperatures, sometimes part of the day a bit cloudy, but we can live with that. They say in the weekend we will have a little "dip"in it, but after that again nice weather. In our part of the country we didn;t have much rain lately, sometimes a bit during the night, but that is all. Perhaps this weekend there could be some, would be good for the gardens, I think.
Today should be the best day of the week, it already looks good, with almost no wind, hmmmm, we could try to enjoy such a day, but we also want to finish the room, I guess. Dilemma, but it will solve itself, I suppose,

Okay, time for your freebie.
With all that nice weather around( some of you however in a different season LOL), you could do perhaps with a beachkit? I've made a kit you could use for some holiday pictures, or your walk along the shore. The kit is in real soft colors, named "Peaceful Beachside". I just love the add-on from Arlene! She has made a beautiful quickpage for you, an equally cluster and wonderful frame-cluster.
Now I will first play a bit on the computer, after that have another coffee and then think about the things I want to do today.
Have a wonderful weekend, thanks for your visits and such nice comments!

Download    HERE

Download    HERE


12 comments:

Susanne said...

Thank you for this lovely kit and the beautiful parts from Arlene. Although, I'm about 1.000 km far away from the seaside I love "beachy" kits as the blues and the sandy colours are one of my favourite combinations.

Wishing you a wounderful weekend, maybe a little rest after the great work you and Jan have done. Or a nice celebration for your anniversairy.

Greetings from the south of Germany.

Edna B said...

Oh my, what a lovely kit. I love the ocean. Before the summer is over, I want to drive to the ocean and take some new photos. The sunsets there are awesome.

Congratulations to you and Jan for your anniversary. I hope your day is happy and carefree. May the sun shine for you and may you have many more happy years together.

You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thank you for such a lovely kit and for Arlene's contribution. congrats on your room almost complete. Congrats on your anniversary too! Have a marvelous weekend and get some rest. I have lots of things to do this weekend. Busy today, so will be short chat. Chat with you Monday!
Hugs, Mat

Anonymous said...

Looks good -Thanks!

Anonymous said...

P.S. A canalboat kit sounds really interesting - hint hint!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband and thanks for all the lovely freebie kits!
In 8 days my hubby and I will have our 56th wedding anniversary. He is just 5 weeks recovering from heart surgery - so quiet celebration!
Gloria

Anonymous said...

Hello Kyra !
Another beautiful layout with your last kit, thank you so much for everything !!
Many thanks to Arlene too !
Happy anniversary, and have a quiet and wonderful weekend too !!
Hugs,
Florence

Linda said...

Hello Kyra and Arlene, Thank you for these beautiful downloads. You both do such wonderful work.
Kyra and Jan I hope that you spent a lovely day for your Anniversary and I wish you both a fantastic future together...

Linda said...

Hi just me again, I forgot to say that your background looks really good...

TammyTags said...

Happy anniversary! What a lovely gift! I may have to borrow that idea to use for some personalized Christmas gifts for my family!!

Thank you so much for your continued generosity and sharing all of your lovely work with us!

HappyScreens said...

I'm always attracted to beach scenes (and forests), because I love nature. So thank you both for sharing these great creations! The new blog LO is so good that I can almost hear the terns and seagulls. Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much all the wonderful things you post on your blog. You are an incredibly talented lady, and an extremely generous one. It is a joy to be able to see such lovely and very unusual digi-scraps and QPs. Thank you, thank you!