Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Serious work is going on!

Goodmorning everybody!

We had a couple of nice days, today it looks again a bit less, it's raining, for now, temperature will not be too high, but towards and in the weekend we should be allright again. It;s about time, some real summer weather arrives and stays for a while!
And yes, some serious work is going on here. Jan started to paint the wood of the expansion.
He is doing that in parts, every day a bit. It wouldn;t be wise to be painting a too extend period after another, his back would protest too much. But........ never mind, it will be finished somewhere next week probably. Depends also a bit on the weather, like today, with the rain, it;s no use. On the other hand it will give him a bit of time to recover.

Monday was laundry day for me. It sure feels good once it is done, and the ironing too. All put away in the closet too, I was happy with it.
Yesterday I did not do a lot, although I finally got a bit order in my recipee binder. I always collect recipees but they needed to be organized a bit. So I spent some time on that.
I should try to take a photo of Jan busy with the painting, but I will have to do that sneeky. I know he doesn;t like to be photographed, I'll just have to be patient and take my chances ROFL.

Progress on designing kits is stagnating a bit. It happens ofter so I am not desperate, and have lots of fun making some layouts for Edna. I probably will continue a bit the layout stuff, have some pictures in my folder I still have to make a layout for. And if the weather is nice, well, I spend a bit less time at the computer and more time outside.
Oh I tried out another recipee, by the way. I still had an aubergine( yes, Linda, I know I should call it an egg-plant LOL), and some other things that needed to be used and I found a great and easy recipee.

Mediterranean style stew with eggplant, chicken and olives

number of persons 4

ingredients:
2 eggplants, 2 onions, 2 sprigs parsley, 4 tablespoons olive oil,
1 clove of garlic, 500 grams of chicken breast, 2 teaspoons oregano, 100gram black olives, 1 1/2 teaspoon bouillon powder, 1 1, 2 cup white wine, salt and pepper, riijst

Cut the eggplant into small cubes. peel the onion and chop it finely. Finely chop the parsley. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan, press the above garlic and fry the eggplants around. Spoon the eggplant from the pan, drain on paper towels. Again heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan and fry the onion for a minute. Add the diced chicken breast and fry for about 5 minutes brown. Add oregano, olives, bouillon powder, white wine, eggplant. Season with salt and pepper. Let this simmer for about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the rice.


(You can easily leave out the white wine, then take a bit more of the broth and I also added a bit of paprika powder to spice it some more)

So, here you have again some easy recipee to try out. Like in alomost everything I give a little twist to it, depending a bit on the ingredients I have around. Of course I buy some if needed, but not always all of them, I find that a bit too much, and with some serious thinking you can come up often with a nice subsitution.

Okay, that's about it for now. Looks to be a good day to have some vacuum cleaning done and such, while it is still raining  Oh, just have to teel you this. When Monday I was out for buying just some strawberries for desert, I also had to go into the supermarket for a little thing. There they also have a little stand where you can buy flowers and a couple of plants, And I saw standing there a little rose in a beutiful orange color and it was offered with a price reduction  and only was € 1,30, which is nothing for a little rose. I know, our garden is slowly overgrowing again, (here I have s devious grin on my face), but how could I resist it? I will try to have a photo on Friday.
And now I really have to finish, I will do so with a another Nutshell kit,. named "Dolce Momento", and two seet clusters from Arlene. Enough for one or two tender layouts.
Have a wonderful day!
Download    HERE

Download    HERE



3 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thanks again sweet lady for another lovely gift from you and Arlene!
Glad Jan if feeling up to painting for you, but it is good that he is taking it slowly so as not to re-injure his back.
We had a surprise "cold front" come in and dropped our humidity levels and the temps by 10+ degrees leaving us with very, very pleasant weather in the upper 80's and low 90's. It feels so much better here with the humidity down.
Have a wonderful day and can't wait to see a photo of Jan painting...LOL!
Hugs, Mat

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for the lovely downloads and the recipe...

Edna B said...

Oh what a darling kit and clusters. I love the colors, and that beautiful finch. Do take photos of Jan painting, and your new orange rose. I would love to see them. Pogo and I are getting ready to take the car in for a maintenance check up. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.