Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Snow, snow, and more snow.

Goodmorning everybody!

Got an email from Arlene, of course she has still a difficult time after her sister's passing away, but now only time can ease the pain. She is still struggling with her flu, it hasn;t gone yet, she still has almost no voice she writes. I wrote her that only a lot of rest and peace of mind could help to recover of that.
Hre a few lines out of her mail:

Sorry it's been so long. There has been so much going on. Lots of family here from out of town . We are all just picking up the pieces & trying to move on. It is still so hard to believe my big sis is gone. Thank-you for all your kind words & thoughts & also thank your blog readers who took the time to express their condolences. It means alot.
 
She started with making some clusters though, and they are beautiful as always. Perhaps the designing will help to distract her a bit.

And now it is really winter time here. It started to snow, and not just a few flakes, but a thick cover.
Of course it's beautiful, in forest, in the country side, in parcs, but oh, if it only could snow there and not on the roads and in the city LOL!
I did go out yesterday, had to, because we were running out of cat food, bread and a few other things.
And I thought, well, even if it's hard to walk, specially with my shopping car, it will be a good thing to do it this day and not the next, cause then partly the snow will be melted during day time and freeze again during the noght. And then it will be more difficult and dangerous to walk on it.
But ghee, it wan;t easy. I am lucky that the supermarket isn;t too far away, but it seemed at least twice so long walking back with the full shopping car LOL!
I really was glad I got home, and had to sit down for a moment, I was a bit pooped out.

But it was great outside, not feeling cold at all, there was practically no wind and even a bit of sunshine. Lovely weather. Today the sun is shining again, I hope it will be strong enough to get rid of most of the snow, because forcast is telling us that at nights it will still freeze. 
Okay, we will have to deal with it, it's part of the winter season, isnt it?

I should have taken some pictures, but I was too lazy. But may be today or even tomorrow there will be a chance to take some. don;t count too much on it, but I will try!

Hmmm, probably today is a good day to do the laundry and may be even some ironing(but that's no promise LOL). Also want to make my "boeuf Parmentier"today for dinner( minced meat, well seasoned, in between two covers of mashed potatoe). And that's always nice to have, cause I make a larger protion, so we will have enough for two days. And the second day it will taste even better. Yeah, I think it's good idea. 
Well, then there might be some time left to do some more designing, must not forget this afternoon to watch my new serie on tv, a British one, about a lawyer in the countryside, who has taken over the practice of his father and encounters all kind of problems from his clients and also has to do some research on a mysterious death of his brother(who now seems to be alive still, but under another name, because apparantly the guy is in troubly with a criminal organisation). That's a bit short for the content, but you might get an idea. And it's humorous too. It's named "Kingdom".
It's making a nice break in the afternoon, together with a cup of tea.

And now the freebie. It's named "While You Were Gone", in nice warm colors, and Arlene's clusters.
Have a wonderful day, stay away if possible from colds and flu.!

Download    HERE

Download    HERE


5 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

So glad you had contact with Arlene and she is up to designing again! It will help, just hope she is not so stressed as to run her system totally down! Rest, rest, rest!
Glad you got some shopping done especially more cat food, can't be without...LOL! I know first hand! Mine are sure enjoying the little "housing" areas I made for them in this freezing weather!
Thank you for the lovely gift today and Arlene too! Don't work too hard and the TV series sounds interesting! Don't miss it!!
Have a terrific day, chat more on Friday! Hugs!! Mat

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for the lovely downloads...

Linda said...

Hello again Kyra, I have attached a variation of a poem I came across after my Father passed away. I found the original poem at http://www.poeticexpressions.co.uk/poems/you%20can%20shed%20tears%20that%20he%20is%20gone.htm
I thought maybe you could pass this on to Arlene.
This is my Variation of the “He/She is Gone” Poem – it makes it more personal.
I have also done one “Remember Us” (not included here).

Remember Me
You can shed tears that I am gone
Or you can smile because I have lived
You can close your eyes and pray that I will come back
Or you can open your eyes and see all that I have left
Your heart can be empty because you can't see me
Or you can be full of the love that we shared
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday
You can remember me and only that I am gone
Or you can cherish my memory and let it live on
You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
Or you can do what I would want:
Smile, open your eyes, love and go on.
Variation of the Poem
“He/She is Gone”
written 1981
David Harkins 1959 -
Silloth, Cumbria, UK

HappyScreens said...

Thank you both. I love the colors. Please be careful in the snow and ice. We are about to get our first of the season tomorrow night.

Edna B said...

Yeah, winter came here too, with lots of snow and cold. Ah well, we'll appreciate Spring that much more when it gets here.

I'm glad you had a chance to get out and enjoy a bit of the snow, but like you, I'll be glad to see it go. You have a great night, hugs, Edna B.