Monday, November 12, 2012

Finished seat cover of couch.

Goodmorning everybody!

Weather looks lovely at the moment! I can see lots of blue sky, sunshine, almost no wind. I suppose it is still fresh outside but may be I'll pop out later today to catch some fresh air, if weather conditions are still the same.
I worked hard this week to finish the seat cover(well, just a blanket actually LOL) for the couch and yesterday I could put it on. Of couse it's not how the couch should look, but to keep it a bit nice for a longer time, it's not a bad thing to do.
I must say it looks not bad at all.  Now I should make also the armrests, I think. But first I will finish the head mats. Gosh, I still have work to do!

I had in fact a rather quiet weekend, yuppeeeee, and that was a good thing! The speed skating season started and we could watch the Dutch championships, and some amazing promising talents did very well! So now next week there is the first competition in the World Cup, held here in Holland in the Thialf stadion in Heerenveen. That should be nice to watch, cause that is an international competition, time to see if all known "celebrities"are in a good shape and perhaps see some new skaters with great performances!

Friday afternoon Jan had his first moment outside for a long time, he made a little walk.
I could see when he came back, it didn;t go yet very smoothly, but it is a try and start. With still inflated feet, it must not have been easy to walk, but hey, with some trouble he could get on a pair of shoes. Let's just see all little things that seem to be an improvement as positive things!

My stash of Christmaskits is growing succesfully, ROFL! I try to do also a "general"kit in between, but it's hard, grin! But I am happy, the creative flows are a bit back again.
Speaking of such, you should pop in to Miriam's blog, she is kind of back on internet, had lots of trouble with that, if I read well, she will change provider next year. But she can access sometimes internet and she has posted a lot of lovely freebies! As well as Mat did too.
Then my friend Snowy has some great ones too, and Linda has made some sweet Christmascards for you.
And keep an eye on Edna's blog, today or tomorrow she will post the 1st part of the November collab with Su.
So lots to snatch and if that is not yet enough you should just go to http://www.craftcrave.com/
where you can find all freebies you want from all kind of designers!

Somewhere this week I think I will have another photobook for you, or it may be start of next week, but today there is a serene kit for you, with really fantastic clusters from Arlene.
The kit is named "Inner Peace", I think so suitable for the time of year, with Christmas time around the corner.

Time to work a little bit more on a Christmaskit, I think and later this morning a bit of activity, like some ironing and dusting and perhaps a quick visit to the supermarket a bit further away. But of the last thing I am not sure yet LOL.
Have a lovely day and see you again on Wednesday!
Download    HERE
Download    HERE


8 comments:

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Kyra:)
I just popped in to see how things went for you over the weekend. So happy Jan was able to go for a walk..although a short one. Sure hope he improves every day!!
Are you going to share pics of your handy work on your couch? I would LOVE to see it!:)
Hope your day is WONDERFUL!!


Hugs,
Valinda

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Monday Morning to you Missy! Glad you had a peaceful weekend and got something accomplished. I didn't get anything done, but then, when there is just one, not much mess to clean up after as I do it as I go! My main function is to feed the cats (inside ones as well as stray outside ones) and clean up cat hair! LOL! Anyhow, I enjoy restful weekends once in a while! I am happy Jan is showing some improvement, prayers do work! Thanks for the lovely kit and the freebies from Arlene, nice way to start a new week! Have a good one, check with you on Wednesday! Hugs, Mat

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for these lovely downloads...

Edna B said...

It's good to see Jan starting to be up and about. Tell him not to over do it. You only have one pair of feet and you need to take good care of them.

You and Arlene have outdone yourselves with such a pretty kit and clusters. Just beautiful!

I just peeked at Miriam's blog. Oh my, she and Mat have really been busy too.

Gosh, do you believe how close Christmas is? Wow, so much to do, so little time. But, today the vacuum cleaner is calling to me. Ahhhh, the joys of housework! lol. You have a fabulous day, hugs, Edna B.

Karen Lewis said...

I've just been unzipping a few of the kits I have downloaded recently from your blog. They are all so beautiful - thank you very much for sharing them with us.

I hope that Jan continues to improve and is soon back to normal so that that worry is behind you both.

Regards,

Karen

HappyScreens said...

Inner Peace is something most of us strive for, and your green and purple work beautifully together to create the right mood. Thank you for sharing.

gypsymonkeyscrap said...

Thank you for the kit! Sending out good thoughts for Jan that he feels better soon.

NathL said...

hello Kyra,
I shared your freebie on my blog with my favorite Winter freebies!
maybe you'll find some surprises there for you too :)
http://nathl-digiscrap.blogspot.fr/2012/11/freebie-dhiver-part-2.html
thank you for this gift :)
NathL