Monday, September 17, 2012

Bad things happened, due to aweful people.

Goodmorning everybody.

Don;t get too startled up by the post title, we are okay, but still there has happened a bad thing to Jan this weekend.
He had evening shift on Saturday, but he came home rather too early again, so I was curious how come.
Then he told me the bad news. When attending to a patient/client for a short visit only, he came on the street again and..............his bike was gone. Simply STOLEN! So he couldn;t finish his round, had to walk back to the central post, tell them about it and then came walking home.
What miserable types are that, who just steal a bike, that is locked, placed against a house, so not looking abandoned at all???!!
And Jan's bike is crucial to do his job. Oh my, I was sooooo pissed off, not to mention Jan LOL!
Okay, no need to go to the police for a declaration, first his bike wasn;t insured(only a second hand one) and it takes ages to make that declaration and result is practically zero.
So today Jan first is gone t a doctor's appointment at the hospital for result of his echoscopie and then he has to search for another bike. That has to be another second hand, at the moment we cannot afford to buy a completely new one. Not nexessary neither, cause you can find real good second hand for a nice price. I truly hope he will find one today, because tomorrow he has already work scheduled and without bike he would have to cancel it.
Damn, all was going rather good at the moment with acceptable amount of hours for him and now this again!

Quick about Dikkie Dik. It seems he is feeling a bit better every day, he is now on his pill cure, that will end on  Thirsday. Eating still isn;t great, but at least he does eat something. I have to put him in front of his little saucer to push him eating, butthen he takes some pieces and even some more when I feed him by hand. Imaging, our cat the biggest eater of the two needs to be fed by hand. Okay, if it needs to be done for a while, I will do it. He takes something to eat about 3 times a day a bit, so all together it is already more than at the beginning of last week. Still crossing fingers we won;t have to go again to the vet.

Hahaha, I was so p.d off by the bike stealing I had no energy left on Sunday, so I spent almost all day at the computer LOL. But today some work has to be done so I must hurry up a bit. Oh above all also our iron died on Friday. So I had to buy another the next day too.
Sometimes money just flies out of your pocket before you even have put it in ROFL!
So I hope we will have a more luck this week, and why not? Better to try to stay optimistic as much as possible!

Well, time for an Arlene freebie, don;t you think?  This time some great ones made with the Nature's Change kit

Download    HERE

And my freebie for you is a bit different one. I love to make sometimes a fantasy kit, but I didn't do that this time. I've made some quickpages for you, in fantasty style. And was inspired by Linda, who makes sometimes smaller quickpages, that you can print out if you want and frame it in borderless one dollar frames from e.g. Wallmart.
So I thought these could be nice in a bedroom from a grandchild, or somwhere in your own house with a sweet picture of your child when they were still young, or with a grandchild. I have four recrangular ones in a 5 x 7 inch dimension and 4 square ones in 6 x 6 inch dimension.
Hope you can make something with them.
Now I really have to get moving, shopping to do, ironing to do, preparing something for dinner, and possibly a couple of little householdchores more.
Have a wonderful day!





Download all 8 quickpages  HERE

7 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 4 post on Sep. 17, 2012. Thanks again.

Edna B said...

Gosh, I was so sorry to hear about Jan's bike being stolen. Why do people have to do bad things like this? I surely hope Jan can find another bike today.

Arlene is doing really great work, and I just love your new smaller pages. What a great idea! The pages and some inexpensive frames would make a wonderful gift.

Now I must finish my coffee and get ready for my doctor appointment this morning. You have a wonderful day, Kyra. Hope all turns out well. Hugs, Edna B.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

O some people are just so mean...guess they thought they needed the bike worse than Jan. Shame! Hope he finds another good one today so he doesn't lose time from work! Glad Dikkie Dik is doing better! Thanx for visiting my site! Worried about Miriam haven't heard from her in 2 weeks! Must still be having internet problems! Hope you have a great week ahead. Thanx so much for the QPs and for Arlene's pretty clusters! Hugs! Mat

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Awww..Kyra...I know getting Jan's bike stolen has to be awful for you!! He was working soo hard and finally got more hours and then this... and..your iron too!! :( Maybe Jan will find a much better bike and it will make his job a lot easier for him.( Trying to look on the bright side too my friend).:)
Happy to hear that Dikki Dik is feeling better every day.:)That has got to make you feel much better.:)
Thank you and Arlene for taking the time and making such wonderful things to share with us.Such TALENT!:)
Hope your day goes much better that your weekend did!
Thanks for stopping by my blog again.It's kinda lonely over there.:)
Huge hugs,
Valinda

marniejo's house of scrap said...

Wonderful quick pages. I love the different sizes. Thank you.

HappyScreens said...

How horrible to have someone take Jan's bike - you are due some extra-specially good luck!
Thanks to Arlene for the beautiful clusters and frame.

Anonymous said...

I'm so so sorry to read about your kitty, it's like losing a part of your family...hugs to you and Jan in this hard time <3