Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My first sun-sitting!

Goodmorning everybody!

Unbelievable, may be, but Monday I made a little promise(to myself), and I kept it LOL! Oh yeah, all the laundry is gone, I did the ironing, and all is on it's right place in the closet. And I even re-arranged a little bit the spare room, well, not all but it's a start. In between I got a phonecall from Heidi( she must have been telepathic, cause I was thinking of her and said to myself I would call her later that afternoon!) and I even made it a short call, cause I wanted to get on with the laundry. We made an appointment for tomorrow, she will come by and then we have some time to chat.

Then yesterday I did the shopping, well, most of it, and.........big news..........applied for a part time job in a book- and office supply store. Not really something in the line of work I have done, but I like those kind of stores. I am not expecting to get the job, but if you don;t try you'll never get something. Hahahaha, I even wrote in my letter, that regarding my CV it wasn't directly in my line of work, but that I would be a very enthousiastic and motivated candidate, and that I didn;t feel ready yet, to be "out of the picture" ( if you should translate our expression for it as it is it would be"not ready to sit behind the pelargoniums").
Not good news for Jan either, he got an rejection to his appliance. Well, it would have been too much to be lucky the first time, so today he will write for another one. He always can go to a work agency for flex-work and then I am sure he will get work, but it would be better to get a job for steady right away.
So, we are not desperate, we knew it would take some time, specially because we aren;t the youngest anymore.

Oh yes, after I came home from the shopping, I really needed something to eat, so made myself a sandwich and went into the garden, put a chair on a sunny spot and took my first sun-sitting this year, LOL. Oh my, it was real nice and perhaps I will do that today too. Might just be for 15 minutes, but that's okay. We really have a few days of real spring feeling. Jan is like the "motherhen", putting his seedlings in the sun at daytime and when the evening comes he takes them in again. grin-grin.
But he is right, the nights are still too cold to let them stay outside.
With all those things we keep ourselves busy enough besides the puzzling, computering, etc.

I have some more clusters from Arlene for you (made from various kit, she also sent some made from the Fairy Princess kit, but I will have to make a preview and upload it first).
Goody, almost forgot to say, my friend Edna put up some more parts of her kit for March on her blog, in collaboration with Su, to find on suruha-freespirit.com/
On Edna's blog you should scroll a bit down to find it!
Okay, here's the preview of Arlene's goodie: (even with a quickpage in it!)
Download   HERE

And here a little kit for you, "Just Smile" ( something we should try to do every day at some time).
Have a great day!!!
Download   HERE

9 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Mar. 21, 2012. Thanks again.

GillB said...

Thank you,Kyra, for more beautiful gifts. I love your work and your kits contain such lovely elements. You are so kind to share your work

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Another great kit, thanx a lot for sharing all that you share, especially your terrific blog. Good luck with the part time job. Tell Jan the right thing is just around the corner waiting. Have a beautiful day! Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for these beautiful gifts!!

Edna B said...

Thank you for the mention. It was good to hear you finally got your "sit in the sun" day. I was able to spend time in the yard too. Ahhhh, I just love Spring!

Sorry that Jan did not get the job, but I'm sending good wishes for you to get the job in the book store. That sounds like such a fun place to work.

Now I'm off to make some lunch. You have a fabulous day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

Unknown said...

Such a pretty kit Thank you

debbie said...

I have some pictures of my son that will be great with these, thank you

aquascrap said...

Tell Jan not to give up on the job hunting. Good luck with your application too!

After my hubby was retrenched back in February he is starting full time work next Monday and he will be 66 years young on Sunday.

Love the clusters from Arlene, she does an amazing job using your kits.

Anonymous said...

Your site is fabulous -- thanks for your generosity with your freebie offerings.