Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Back to "usual"again.

Goodmorning everybody!

Hope you all had a lovely Easter-time! We passed our easter weekend( in Holland we have two days for it, Sunday and Monday) quiet but nice. It was such lovely weather, at times even too warm to sit a longer time in the sun!
Saturday afternoon I just went out for a little walk, and bought some seed packages and two little succulent plants. So I have a few pots with seedlings again. I bought seeds of dille, sugar peas, and spring onions. The sugar peas are really in a hurry, LOL, saw yesterday already a few sprouts!
On Sunday we stayed home, went in and out of the garden, it was at times better sitting inside, but it was amazing that we could sit with open garden doors till almost 9.30 in the evening!
Monday it was a wee bit coller, so we went out for a walk, towards town centre, there was a square with some stands with mostly books, some "antiques", and some with clothes, I thought it would be bigger but, it wasn't. No problem, we walked further on where there was situated the annual fair with all those attractions, like the big wheel, and all those things where you go up and down, or round and round in a terrible speed(nothing for me!), but it's always nice to see what they have new and to look at the children who are enjoying themselves.
We even played for a few euro's on a slot machine, and even collected enough points to choose a very small prize, we took home with us two mugs in the shape of a pirate skull, LOL! No problem, they will make a great present some time for somebody!
Then we walked a bit more and finally took the tram home again.

I even have a few pictures for you! Remember that I went on a doggie walk last Thursday? And that I saw the nest of a mother duck with her kids? I've uploaded the picture so I can show you, it's adorable!
Next I have a few pics again from my garden. I try to keep up with the changes in it, every day or two something new is coming to bloom, or is at least popping out of the soil.
Here the fist of the Columbines in bloom:
Here the Azalea, with it's flower buds almost opened
And here are 3 pics I took at the fair of one of the big attractions, kind of big ghost house, where you can take a tour. Isn;t the outside looking great?
I am rather pleased with the last picture, cause the with was turning round and round, so I had to click the camera just at the right moment. Looking at the with I strangely had to think suddenly about Snowy, sorry girl LOL! I suppose people who visit her blog sometimes, understand why.

That was in big steps our weekend, and now we have to go back to "usual" again. So I will not linger too long here, cause I definately need to do some dusting, hoovering, ironing, well, you know, that `funny`stuff, called housework! In the weekend I didn´t spend much time at the computer, only made a new bloglayout and a freebie for Minky´s blog, but with this nice weather, it is a bit pity, to spend too much time at the computer and in the evening I don´t do anything at it. At least not when Jan is home, only sometimes when he pays a visit to the cafe, (or when he takes a little nap after dinner)I do some stuff on it, It´s a kind of unwritten rule, that the evenings are mostly couch time, and I think it´s a good thing.
Okay, I still have some freebies, and today it is a small kit , named `Bernice`.
Time for me to get moving and get some things done!
Have a wonderful day.
Download       HERE

4 comments:

Snowy said...

lol, cheeky woman ! Do I look like an old witch? But I would like to borrow the broom sometimes.That pic witch mother duck in her nest is really sweet.
Change of plans for me again,Stephen just called, he had a phonecall from work and has to cover for a collegue who has gone sick-so no restaurant tonight.Ah well, hopefully tomorrow instead.Gives me time to wash my curtains-two smokers in the place and they get yellow pretty quick. Weather is quite cool today, so will be ideal to get it all done today. Hugs Snowy

Edna B said...

Good to hear that you had a wonderful Easter Holiday. Kyra, your photo of the Mama duck and her family is simply great!!! And your garden is just beautiful.

The weatherman says that we have some warm weather coming soon. Gosh, I hope so. It's wet and gray again this morning. But maybe later the sun will come out.

I'm off now to do some work here. You have a wonderful day. Hugs, Edna B.

jzayler said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. I agree with you about enjoying the outside instead of sitting at the computer. That's what rainy days are for. Thanks for sharing!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on Apr. 26, 2011. Thanks again.